Thursday, August 5, 2010

ATTITUDE

I was driving home after being with some very selfish people when I heard the song, “Get Over It”, by the Eagles-- ‘like goen to confession every time you speak…it’s your ball and chain; you wallow in your pain; you wave it like a flag and wear it like a crown; you got your mind in the gutter again and bring everybody down…this has gotta stop sometime-get over it!” The song described all that I had been hearing (ugh!).

Jesus taught that life would not always be easy, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" (Jn. 16.33). The nature of God is largely, peaceful. God is also patient and kind and does not keep a record of our wrongs. When we are in conflict and our buttons are getting pushed, this is the opportunity to demonstrate the deepest aspects of the character of God to others. A bad attitude is highly contagious and because of this, is easily “caught” (like a bad cold). If a person hangs around others who have a bad attitude the chances are likely that.....

Now, for those who may be in leadership positions or those who seek to be ‘light in the darkness’ read the following very carefully, because you did not serve the Lord your God with joy in your heart and out of the abundance of all that He has blessed you with, you will serve the enemies whom the Lord shall send against you. You will live with hunger and thirst, in nakedness and in want of all things; and He will put a yoke of iron upon your neck until He has destroyed you. The Lord will bring a nation against you from afar, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flies, a nation whose language you shall not understand (Deuteronomy 28. 47, 49). Even while trying to finish this writing my own character was challenged. I do not like to be interrupted. I like things to go smoothly but realty is, I need to get over, MYSELF! Please tell me that I am not alone. Take time today to think about your attitudes…..

No comments: